CryptoWallet Server Requirements
updated 7 months ago
OS: Ubuntu Server 16.04
CPU: 2 cores of modern server x86 CPU (similar to Amazon t2.medium or Google Cloud n1-standard-2 instance)
RAM: 4+Gb RAM
Storage: 30+Gb SSD recommended
GPU: No GPUs or other specific hardware is required
Network: Gigabit Ethernet connection
Amazon RDS or Google Cloud SQL with cross-region automatic backups (or similar setup).
Database mirroring is strongly recommended.
Minimum database space: 10Gb
Since the servers host cryptocurrency software, they require the highest level of security you can afford.
We recommend employing a dedicated DevOps engineer (whom you can trust as much as your accountant or lawyer) who will set up a secure environment. This environment should:
- Include forced SSH public key authentication (RSA 4096 or Ed25519 keys are recommended)
- Have a firewall that allows access-only ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) of the Backend server
- Run the Database Server instance in a protected virtual network, which only Backend Server can access
- Pass a security audit
- Have IDS (Intrusion Detection System) installed
- Have proper cloud/hosting account set up
- Store all access credentials inside a secure encrypted storage (like 1password for Teams)