I've sent funds to my Backup account, how to reach them?
updated 7 months ago
Article tells how to reach funds if they were accidentally sent to user`s Backup address
Decrypt your Wallet Container. The address you get will be different from your Contract and Deposit Addresses. You must withdraw tokens deposited to your backup account to your Deposit Address. If you do not, you will not be able to perform token operations. To access the tokens on your Backup Address, visit MyEtherWallet. From there, import your decrypted wallet container's Public key. Now you may send tokens from your Backup Address to your Deposit Address.
How to access your Backup Address:
- Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/.
- Create a password for your wallet.
- Select ‘Download Keystore File’, then ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Save your Address’.
- From the list, pick ‘Private key’. In the entry field, paste the private key from your decrypted wallet container.
How to send funds from your Backup Address to your Deposit Address:
- Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction.
- In the field ‘To Address’, enter your Deposit Address.
- In the field ‘Amount’, enter the amount of tokens you wish to send.
- Set the Gas limit to 25,000.
- Press ‘Generate Transaction’.